Colorado hunting licenses
fishing hunting lodging guides shopping resources
Hunting Guides | Hunting Supplies | Hunting Lodges | Plan Your Hunt | Licenses | Seasons & Fees | Big Game | Small Game
Mountain Lion | Turkey | Waterfowl | Hunter Education | Hunter Outreach | Shooting Sports | Tips & Resources | Videos

Buy all your Fishing and Hunting gear at Bass Pro Shop.

Applications & Licenses Available

License agent lists

License refund application

Request duplicate license

Special Licenses
(includes falconry, scientific collection, commercial parks & various other special use applications)

Regulation Brochures


Season Dates & Fees

Proof of Residency

License Change Policy

Hunter Education

Big Game Auction/Raffle Licenses

Special Licenses

DOW Offices/Phone #'s

FAQ's the Colorado Search and Rescue Fund (COSAR)

Plan Your Hunt

Colorado Hunting Licenses

The toll free number for telephone sales is 1(800) 244-5613.

Buy & Apply for Licenses
Buy Habitat Stamps

How the Online & Phone System Works

Licenses by Phone or Internet:
  • Customers enter all identification information and license requests through Web pages or talk to a sales representative by phone.
  • Request is authorized by the system.
  • Customers must use a Visa or MasterCard to purchase a license. Some debit cards work if they can be used without a PIN. Licenses are mailed within 24 hours of the purchase.
  • In most cases, licenses purchased through the Internet or Telephone will reach you by mail within 10 days or you may pick up your license at a license agent location or DOW office.
  • A receipt can be printed from your printer (Internet).
  • Except for big game, Turkey licenses, and the Colorado Waterfowl Stamp, a temporary authorization number (TAN) may be substituted for the license(s) purchased for 14 days from the date of purchase. Please print or write down (must be legible) the TAN and carry it with you while hunting or fishing until you receive your license. If the license OR all of the licenses you purchase in this transaction expire in less than 7 days, you will NOT receive anything in the mail. A temporary authorization number (TAN) is all you need for 1 or 5 day fishing or small game hunting licenses. Use your printed confirmation page (Internet) while using your short-term license(s) or permit(s).
  • Sign your license(s) when you receive it to validate it.
  • Telephone sales representatives are trained to sell licenses and do not know specific wildlife-related information. For other wildlife-related information/questions, call the Division of Wildlife Denver Headquarters at (303)297-1192 or check out the numerous ways we can assist you from the Contact Us page.
Licenses By Agent:
  • Stop by a license agent and request your license(s).
  • A license agent will enter your customer information (name, address, etc.) and license request(s) into the terminal (see right).
  • Your license(s) is authorized through the new system.
  • The agent collects fees for the license(s).
  • The license(s) is printed and is valid when you sign it.
Check out the DOW's Frequently Asked Questions (Applications and Licensing topic and Online Licensing subtopic). Can't find what you're looking for? Call 303-297-1192.

Courtesy of the
Colorado Division of Wildlife

  Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertising Opportunities  |  Privacy Policy